Sunday 28 February 2010

Wet weekend and cheesecake

If it's pouring with rain outside and blowing a gale, there's nothing better than staying in, inviting some family over and baking for the occasion. My poison this weekend was what can only be described as the 'delectable', New York Cheesecake from the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook. I amazed myself at how prepared I was for the family lunch, by somehow managing to whisk up the recipe whilst my children ate their tea. My son wasn't keen as I blended the must-have Philadelphia to a light and fluffy topping, but I think he got over it as soon as he tasted it for himself. I've always been a Nigella fan when it comes to baking, so much so that whenever anyone eats one of my homemade cakes they cheekily ask, "Is it a Nigella, Nina?". So needless to say I was a little nervous about trying something new, but after tasting this weekend's dessert, I can't wait to try more! PS: Sorry about the lack of photos, but the cheesecake was so popular, I didn't even have a chance to take a pic of even a crumb! Thanks David!

No comments:

Post a Comment