Tuesday 17 August 2010

My flourishing garden!

After a sun-drenched garden in July, it's wonderful to see that a bit of rain has really helped my garden to flourish, as I hoped it would this Summer.

My vegetable patch is already happily producing fresh raspberries, courgettes, potatoes and there are still the tomatoes, runner beans and hopefully, sweetcorn to come! The leeks will go in soon!

But what really makes me smile is when the flowers start to bloom.

I have the biggest sunflowers (no really, I think it's a record after a very poor result last year) and the Hydrangea which I carefully wrapped up during the winter months is beautiful... again, it's the first time I've really won with one!

The Echinacea still grows happily under the pear tree and looks wonderful sat in an old jug on my dresser in the kitchen, alongside my home-grown Hypericum (St John's Wort), Sunflowers and butterfly loving, Solidago.

Talking of butterflies, I created a butterfly garden for my children last year and it seems to be working as we've definitely had more visit us this summer.

My children, especially my 3 year old daughter loves to help me pick the vegetables and flowers on a regular basis, whilst my 18 month old son, generally likes to roll around in the mud! His time will come...

Happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment