Tuesday 15 June 2010

Cornish dreams

Having just returned from a delightful and rather idyllic holiday on the Cornish coast, I'm really proud of what our country has to offer.

With just a week to explore the delights of deepest Cornwall we stayed in a wonderful, little harbour town called Porthleven, which had everything you could possibly need. Great tasting Cornish Pasties, harbour cafes and restaurants (and not to mention ice cream!), artisan galleries and gift shops and a secluded shingle beach to play on.

But just less than an hour's drive away was the stunning, seaside town of St Ives. I think the highlight for me had to be Harbour Beach which was exactly that, a harbour which once the tide was out, became a gorgeous, sandy beach, perfect for making sandcastles with my two children. Oh, and did I mention the shops too... Cath Kidston, Joules and then to the Tate for a Cornish Cream Tea. Just perfect!

Personally, I can't wait to go again next year. Here are some great cottages if you fancy exploring yourself... www.nicheretreats.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment