Thursday 22 April 2010

Wellie Boots at the ready, it's grow your own time!

It's grow your own season, so I've been to the garden centre and have armed myself with five large bags of manure and a selection of fruit and veg ready to sow. All I need now is for the children to go to sleep early so I can make a start before the sun sets.

I've just picked the last of our purple and white stem Broccoli which was delicious with the Chicken Pie I ate for supper last night. With those out of the way I can now sow the potatoes, onions, rhubarb and parsnips. I have five little strawberry plants to sow too, but I'm yet to decide on where to put them. I had hanging baskets last year which worked a treat, but I thought I'd try something different this summer, but can't decide between the vegetable patch alongside the raspberry canes, or buying a sweet, little strawberry pot for the patio.

Any ideas would be gratefully received, please email me at nina@littlehousepr.co.uk

If you're keen to eat some local food, pop along to Bury Lane Farm Shop who now have fresh asparagus for sale. Don't forget to pick up a seasonal recipe card before you leave too.

On another note, my website www.littlehousepr.co.uk is almost ready and is looking fab thanks to Dan and Julia at Mack and Me. I'll keep you posted!

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment